Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Two-thousand Eight-hundred and Thirty-one

This is the first (quality) picture we have from 2007: Pike's peak from my uncle's back yard outside Colorado Springs.

Today Faith and I looked through the pictures we took in 2007. It's hard to describe our year, much less describe looking at a pictorial history of that year. In one sense it seems like it was a really long year when we look back at a trip we took to Colorado in early January, because it seems like it was SO long ago. From here it almost feels like it was another lifetime, almost like looking back onto a previous life from another dimension. On the other hand, the year seems to have flown by to consider the ground we covered, both figuratively and literally.

I started to write a short time line of our 2007 - it's not that short, and would distract from the point of this post. Look for it in a post to come soon : - )

I did the math after our time viewing pictures, and by my non-scientific calculation we took somewhere in the ballpark of 2,831 pictures on the year. I'm not sure about you, but even in our family that is astounding. That doesn't count all the pictures we've accumulated from others (parents, etc). Obviously, not all of those pictures are keepers, and many have been deleted. Nonetheless, I still have 1,887 pictures in my 2007 folder.

I've shared a few of those pictures on this blog over the last several months. I'm going to try to put quite a few more out there in the days to come, before we get back into the regular routines of our lives here. Stay tuned.This is the last (quality) picture taken in 2007. Brennan and Ryan at a castle about 45 minutes drive away.

No comments: