Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Politically Disaffected

While I am often quite interested in following politics, I am increasingly finding myself more and more removed from feeling connected. I definitely feel a sense of being disaffected by the state of our nation and the state of our politics.

A friend pointed out this organization called GOOOH!, which (not so) cleverly is an acronym for the phrase above. What is GOOH? They define themselves thus: "A non-partisan plan to evict the politicians from the U.S. House of Representatives." I could copy more of their ideas here, but will save space by giving you this link to their website. In addition to being intrigued, I was also somehow entertained by reading through their site a bit.

I am not at this point ready to participate or suggest others join. However, the concept was interesting enough that I thought it worth pointing it out to others. I have no idea if this is THE answer, or even AN answer - but I must admit it's nice to see some people trying to take action with the intent on making an impacting change for what they think is the better of the nation.

No comments: