Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"You have been king of my glory, won't be my prince of peace"

Phil Keaggy is one of my (many) favorite artists and musicians. And not because I listen to him every day (I don't), and not because I try to see every possible concert I can (also don't). It is because every time I DO listen to his music, and every time I DO see him in concert, it is special. There is nothing like listing to true musical genius.

The last time I saw Phil in concert was some years ago at an intimate show at my brother's church. He closed the show out with one of Rich Mullin's (many) best songs - Hold Me Jesus. Rich is also one of my (many) favorite artists and musicians. Tragically, he died in a car accident some years ago. Phil's version was warm, magical, and unforgettable. I still harbor hopes that it will make an appearance in one of Phils future studio recordings.

This is why I was excited to discover this on YouTube today:

1 comment:

Jane and Jee Kim said...

hey nate - thanks for sharing this video clip - i love phil keaggy too! this rendition of the song is so amazingly beautiful, especially the last minute! love rich mullins too...