Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quote of the Day

"You can continue to smoke the cigar as long as the flavour is agreeable. Every cigar has a turning point, after which the cigar loses its mild nature, and becomes somewhat obstinate. Then it is time to say farewell. Put it in an ashtray and allow it to extinguish of its own accord. Stubbing a cigar out is an ungrateful response to the pleasure you obtained from smoking it."


This is from the website of my favorite cigar store in the world - PGC Hajenius. Faith and I found this quote hilarious and share-worthy.

I discovered this store when I lived in Amsterdam more than 10 years ago, and their store brands are my favorite cigars. (self-disclosure: I have neither been to that many cigar stores around the world, nor tried that many brands. I did however decide I enjoyed their cigars more than the cuban cigars they sold.)Our friend Sarah is visiting Amsterdam, and I am so excited for her to bring some back for me that I can almost taste them right now.

1 comment:

Nate Walter said...

This picture on the bottom looks like Jacob from LOST has just been there (or maybe is still there). - Faith